Data usage on the bot
The bot synchronizes some data that Discord sends to it in its database, upon initializing or adding it to a server. This allows the website to stay a bit more independent of the bot and helps to determine if a user can access the administrative panel of the bot. The copied data are:
- The list of the server member
- The roles of the server
- The role assignments
- The channels (text, voice, categories)
Some data (typically IDs) of Discord objects are used to ensure that the database is coherent.
This feature being essential, it can't be disabled.
FEATURES - CONFIGURATION
By default, the additional features offered by the bot (welcome/leave message, sentence generation, display of rules) are disabled. They can be enabled by configuring them in the control panel.
The default configuration reflects the disabling of all additional features.
It goes without saying that the bot retains the configurations indefinitely. Who wants a bot with amnesia?
FEATURES - SENTENCE GENERATION
Sentence generation collects messages sent by server members and saves a "purged" version of the message. The content of these messages are encrypted with Chacha20-Poly1305 and retained for 30 days before automatic deletion.
The retained data are:
- The ID of the message (message update / delete)
- The server ID (purge by server when deactivated)
- The channel ID (purge by channel)
- If the message is considered as NSFW, inherited from the channel (filtering of text taken and generated)
- Encrypted content (restitution in a message)
- Creation date (automatic purge)
The messages sent in the channels and categories listed in the ignore list (configurable) are ignored.
When the functionality is disabled, the messages saved in the database are deleted.
FEATURES - SELF-SERVICE ROLE ASSIGNMENT
This feature doesn't record anything special for its operation. It associates a message with reactions to roles to assign.